Olive & pot combination
- Position: full sun
- Compost: a good soil-based compost such as John Innes No.3
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection in cold areas)
This is a cracking combination that will look super on a sunny patio. It contains one 1/2 standard olive, which has a 40-45cm clear stem with a 25-30cm diameter head, and one beautiful terracotta pot to put it in. The pot has a 60cm diameter and is approximately 54cm tall, so it is quite substantial and will give the plant plently of room to grow on. Potting compost is not supplied, but we recommend a good soil-based compost such as John Innes No.3. Once potted, this classic combination will create a year-round focal point. Buy two and you can use them to frame a doorway or entrance.
- Garden care: To protect against wind damage stake using a low angled stake, driven into the ground on the windward side at a 45° angle. Water regularly during dry periods and feed with a general-purpose fertiliser twice or three times each year during the growing season. In colder regions, move to a sheltered spot during the winter months.
Crocus Special Offers
Buy all 2 items for the combination