Agapanthus Headbourne hybrids
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil (or John Innes no. 3 compost for containers)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need protection in winter)
Showy globes of trumpet-shaped flowers ranging in colour from deep to pale blue, appear from July to September on straight stems above clumps of strap-shaped, mid-green leaves. Headbourne Hybrids are a particularly fine variety of African lilies, ideal for a sunny well-drained border or a large patio pot.
- Garden care: Keep well-watered during the growing season, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser Towards the end of September ease back on the watering and feeding of plants in containers to allow the foliage to toughen up. each month from spring until the plant flowers. In cold, exposed areas protect the crown of the plant with a deep, dry winter mulch.