Anemone blanda blue-flowered
winter windflower blue-flowered bulbs
- available to order from summer 2018
- 25 bulbs
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 4/5
This is a wonderful plant that produces cheerful, daisy-like flowers in shades of blue and purple in March and April. These are perfect plants for naturalising in a mixed border around the base of deciduous shrubs, or adding spring colour to the edge of a woodland garden. For maximum impact, plant in bold drifts in September or October, and if happy, they should spread quite quickly.
- Garden care: Soak the tubers overnight in cool water and plant them (it doesn't matter which way up) 5cm deep and 15cm apart in well-drained, humus-rich soil. Ideally you should choose a spot where they can be left undisturbed so they can naturalise and spread.