Clematis montana var. grandiflora
clematis (group 1)
- in stock
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Exquisite, pure white, late spring and early summer flowers with yellow centres and dark green leaves. This extremely vigorous clematis is excellent for training over a pergola or covering an unsightly wall, fence or garden shed. It's an ideal climber for a north-facing site.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.