Crocus 'Ruby Giant'
- available to order from summer 2018
- 25 bulbs
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: gritty, poor to moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: February and March
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 5/+
Delightful, deep-purple flowers in February and March and narrow, mid-green leaves. This early spring-flowering crocus is one of the best for naturalising in grass. Larger and more robust than other 'Tommy' varieties, stands up well to winter weather, dying back gracefully after it has flowered.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs in naturalistic drifts 10cm (4in) deep in September or October. Where bulbs are planted in grass do not cut the lawn until after the leaves have died back.