Dianthus Pink Kisses ('Kledg12163') (PBR)
- available to order from spring 2018
- 10.5cm pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
Note - Supplied in a standard plastic pot
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
An incredibly prolific bloomer, this compact pink is great for pots and sunny borders, but it will also work well in an alpine bed or rockery. The lightly scented flowers are initially quite rich in colour, but as they age, the outer edge of each petal fades to a softer pink (almost blush), and this creates a distinctive two-tone effect. This little gem thrives in a sunny spot, and if you keep on dead-heading, it will continue sending up more and more flowers.
- Garden care: Incorporate lots of well-rotted manure or garden compost into the planting hole. Apply a balanced fertiliser in spring and deadhead to prolong flowering.