- in stock
- 12lt pot (0.8-1m)
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained acid to neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Renowned for its autumn colour, this spreading, deciduous shrub actually has two seasons of interest. In early summer it produces clusters of delicate, bell-shaped, cream to pink flowers with darker pink margins. In autumn, the oval, mid green leaves turn flaming shades of orange and red. This pretty shrub is perfect for a shady, woodland edge and gives its most brilliant autumn display on acid soil.
- Garden care: Apply a thick 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of peat or well-rotted leafmould around the base of the plant in spring. Little pruning is needed. Simply remove dead and diseased wood and branches that are crossing after the plant has flowered.