Galanthus nivalis f. pleniflorus 'Flore Pleno'
double snowdrop bulbs
- in stock
- 10 bulbs
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist but well drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: January and February
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 4/5
Dainty, double, pure white, pear-shaped flowers with green-tipped inner petals in January and February and narrow, grey-green leaves. These delightful double snowdrops are ideal for naturalising in the border under deciduous trees and shrubs. The Royal Horticultural Society has recognised this variety as a plant of outstanding excellence and has given it their Award of Garden Merit.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs as soon as possible to prevent them drying out, in naturalistic drifts 10cm (4in) deep in September or October. Where bulbs are planted in grass do not cut the grass until after the leaves have died right back. Divide large colonies after flowering while the leaves are still green for use in other moist, well-drained areas.