Hibiscus syriacus Lavender Chiffon ('Notwoodone') (PBR)
- in stock
- 3 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: humus-rich, moist but well-drained, neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A wonderful deciduous shrub that produces its exotic-looking flowers over a couple of months from mid- to late summer onwards. As the name suggests, the flowers are a beautiful shade of lavender, but the base of each petal has a deep maroon blotch, which gives the overall colouring a bit of depth. A fine stand-alone specimen, or reliable addition to the shrub border, it will also make a great informal hedge or screen.
- Garden care: To encourage a bushy habit prune young plants hard in late spring. After pruning apply a generous 5-7cm mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant. Once established it requires little if any regular pruning.
Please note the plant is supplied in a black plastic pot,but if you do wish to pot it up for the patio we have a great range on our website.