Hydrangea paniculata 'Grandiflora'
- available to order from spring 2018
- 12lt pot (0.8-1m)
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to September
- Flower colour: creamy-white
- Other features: the flower-heads make excellent dried flower arrangements
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large, conical clusters of creamy-white flowers form at the tips of the arching branches from midsummer, and take on a pink flush as they age. This vigorous, deciduous hydrangea is ideal for the back of a large shrub or mixed border, and will make a handsome informal flowering hedge. Flourishing in full sun (provided it is kept well watered) or partial shade, it will produce more flowers in good light.
- Garden care: To enhance flowering prune hard in early spring, cut back the previous season's shoots to within a few buds of the permanent, woody framework of the plant.