Iris 'Gypsy Beauty'
Dutch iris bulbs
- available to order from summer 2018
- 20 bulbs
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile, neutral or alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb Size: 6/7
Florists love Dutch iris as they have strong, straight stems and exquisite flowers that look great in spring bouquets. 'Gypsy Beauty' is a particluarly pretty one. It has slightly ruffled lavender standards and heavily veined, bicoloured falls, which are a lush mix of gold and purple. Plant more than you think you will need for the border, so you have plenty left over for cutting.
- Garden care: Plant 10cm deep and 10cm apart in naturalistic drifts in September or October in a well-drained, sunny site.