Iris 'Red Ember'
Dutch iris bulbs
- available to order from summer 2018
- 20 bulbs
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile, neutral or alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb Size: 6/7
The incredible colouring of this beautiful Dutch iris is a rich blend of red, brown and purple tones. Perfect for a bruised border, or for adding a bit of oomph to softer colours. It looks wonderful when planted in drifts through the border, or when allowed to form larger clumps in naturalised planting schemes. The flowers will last well after being cut too.
- Garden care: Plant 10cm deep and 10cm apart in naturalistic drifts in September or October in a well-drained, sunny site.