Iris 'Silvery Beauty'
Dutch iris bulbs
- available to order from summer 2018
- 20 bulbs
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile, neutral or alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb Size: 6/7
Ice white falls, each with a flash of yellow at their base, are topped with soft violet-blue standards, creating a cool-toned flower that mixes easily with most shades of purple and pink. It looks wonderful when planted in big drifts through the border, or when allowed to form larger clumps in naturalised planting schemes. The flowers will last well after being cut too.
- Garden care: Plant 10cm deep and 10cm apart in naturalistic drifts in September or October in a well-drained, sunny site.