- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: January to March
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Cheerful yellow flowers appear on bare stems in winter and early spring and really brighten up a dark, winter day. This vigorous shrubby climber is easy to grow and easy to train on wires or a trellis, but it looks just as attractive left to scramble freely over low walls. Bright green stems, even in winter, and dark green shoots add to the appeal of this lovely climber. Give it space to express itself and prune regularly.
- Garden care: Prune back after flowering to strong buds or young lower branches. On older plants, cut back about a quarter of the old shoots to the base.