- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
These evergreen bay laurel pyramids are ideal for punctuating a formal or contemporary planting scheme. Since the lustrous, aromatic, dark green leaves, valuable for culinary use, are susceptible to wind scorch provide a sheltered, sunny or partially shady site and winter protection in cold areas. The mature leaves may be used fresh or dried in bouquet garni, for flavouring stocks and sauces.
- Garden care: Keep well-watered during the growing season and feed with a slow-release fertiliser. Clip established plants lightly twice during the summer months to retain a balanced shape, using secateurs not shears.
Supplied in a plastic pot they are suitable for potting in to terracotta pot or wooden planter to make them look a feature on patios or outside your door. Please note the height specified is the overall height of the plant on arrival including the pot.
bay laurel (pyramid)
One of the photos on this page shows the plant with gift wrap. This is not included in the price,however you may add gift wrap (for an additional charge of £4.95) during the order process.