Paeonia 'Coral Sunset'
paeony / peony
- available to order from summer 2018
- 3 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moisture-retentive yet well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A magnificent herbaceous peony, that puts on showy display from late spring to early summer with its goblet-shaped flowers. These form at the ends of the sturdy, upright stems and are an incredible shade of rich coral, which fades as the flower ages to a pale lemon. They last well after being cut and look great in a vase too.
- Garden care: Deadhead after flowering. In early spring apply a top-dressing of a balanced slow release fertiliser around the base of the plant and mulch well with well rotted garden compost or manure.