Paeonia lactiflora 'Angel Cheeks'
- available to order from autumn
- 2 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moisture-retentive yet well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A showy perennial for early summer, the fully double pink flowers look wonderful in the border, and last well in a vase if they are cut while still in bud. Its soft colouring will mix easily into most colour schemes, but it looks particularly good with deep plum and shades of purple.
- Garden care: Deadhead after flowering. In early spring apply a balanced slow-release fertiliser around the base of the plant and mulch with well-rotted compost or manure.