Paeonia lactiflora 'Bowl of Beauty'
paeony / peony
- in stock
- 3 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moisture-retentive yet well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Fascinating pink-tinted flowers with a creamy centre appear from early to midsummer over the mid-green leaves. Like a giant anemone, the centres of these extraordinary, scented flowers are packed full of tiny, strap-like petals. An excellent specimen plant for the middle of a border in full sun or partial shade.
- Garden care: Deadhead after flowering. In early spring apply a balanced slow-release fertiliser around the base of the plant and mulch with well-rotted compost or manure.