Phlox paniculata 'Larissa' (PBR)
- in stock
- 9cm pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: August to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Well suited to herbaceous borders or cottage gardens where they associate well with roses and other summer-flowering perennials. Their soft colouring mixes easily with many shades including lilac, purple, deep plum and rich pink.
- Garden care: Support with bamboo canes, brushwood or ring stakes before the flowers appear. Phlox are greedy plants, so apply a mulch 5-7cm (2-3 in) deep of well-rotted garden compost or manure in early spring. Shear off the spent flowers to prevent reseeding. If the leaves show signs of powdery mildew, cut down to the ground and dispose of the affected foliage, but do not compost it. Clear away the debris around the plant to reduce the chances of reinfection. Cut down to the ground in autumn. Lift and divide large clumps in autumn or spring.