rhododendron (Syn Lily Bell)
- available to order from spring 2018
- 3 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun to partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May - June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A wonderful form that will produce its nodding bell-shaped pink flowers over a longer than average period from late spring. It's compact and tolerant of full sun, so can be used in rockeries as well as borders, and its also going to make a handsome addition to a patio pot - and as the foliage is evergreen, it will look good all through the year.
The terracotta pot shown is not included, however we do have a wonderful range of containers if you would like to pot it up.
- Garden care: Avoid planting too deeply. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of leaf mould around the base of the plant each spring.