Rhododendron 'Golden Torch'
- in stock
- 3 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Rounded trusses of funnel-shaped, soft-yellow flowers in late spring and early summer and glossy, dark green leaves. The name given to this compact, evergreen rhododendron is a bit of misnomer, since with age the flowers fade to primrose-yellow or cream. Perfect for the smaller garden or growing in a large pot, it requires humus-rich, acid soil or ericaceous compost.
- Garden care: Avoid planting too deeply. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of leaf mould around the base of the plant each spring.