Syringa meyeri 'Palibin'
- in stock
- 12lt pot (0.5-0.6m)
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of Growth: average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Flowers: lavender pink
- Other features: oval, dark green leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Abundant panicles of fragrant, lavender pink flowers in late spring and early summer and oval, dark green leaves. This lovely Korean lilac is ideal for a sunny, well drained shrub or mixed border. Compact and slow growing it's perfect for the smaller garden or where space is limited.
- Garden care: In mid summer remove the faded flower heads carefully using secateurs to avoid damaging the young shoots. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in early spring.