Syringa pubescens subsp. microphylla 'Superba'
- in stock
- 12lt pot (0.8-1m)
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of Growth: average
- Flowering period: April and May, then intermittently until October
- Flowers: rose pink
- Other features: oval, dark green leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Wonderfully fragrant clusters of rose pink flowers borne at the end of slender branches from mid to late spring and intermittently until autumn and oval, mid-green leaves. This pretty, deciduous shrub is perfect for a sunny border. It makes a great, informal, flowering hedge and, where space is limited, may be trained as a wall shrub.
- Garden care: In mid summer remove the faded flower heads carefully using secateurs to avoid damaging the young shoots. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in early spring.