Trachelospermum jasminoides Star of Toscana ('Selbra') (PBR)
yellow star jasmine
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
A new and attractive woody, evergreen climber with rich, dark green leaves which often turn bronze in winter. Unlike its well established and much-loved relative, its flowers are yellow, but they still have the same sweet perfume. These appear in clusers over along period from summer to autumn. Happiest grown against a warm, sunny wall in milder areas, it is said to be hardy to -10C, but in areas prone to severe frosts it will need winter protection.
- Garden care: After flowering has finished prune back to fit the available space. In frost prone areas, grow in pots of loam-based potting compost, such as John Innes No2 and move to a sheltered spot in winter.