Weigela 'Nana Variegata'
weigela / weigelia
- in stock
- 12lt pot (0.8-1m)
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing to average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Masses of funnel-shaped, pale pink flowers on graceful arching stems in May and June and white-edged, grey-green leaves. Although this pretty, variegated shrub prefers fertile, well-drained soil it will thrive almost anywhere. Best pruned each year in mid-summer, it looks lovely grown in front of a sunny fence or wall.
- Garden care: Once established prune each year in mid-summer after flowering, removing one or two of the older stems to the base and cutting back the flowered stems to strong shoots below the spent flowers.