How it works
- Water and debris is carried down the down pipe in the normal way
- Clean filtered water is diverted sideways in to storage
- Waste and excess (overflow) water is diverted back down your downpipe automatically
- The Filter has a open and closed position -
In the open possition it will divert water to the water butt when the water butt is full it automatically diverts water back to the downpipe.
In the closed possition you can stop water reaching to the water butt completely. i.e. in winter if you dont want to store water.
- Fits all down-pipes from 65mm square to 100mm round The box does not say but It will also fit 110mm round down pipes although it is a tight fit The instructions do say it will fit 110mm drain pipes. however, please note the drain pipe will only push in approx 5mm at the top of the filter unit. (Do not force the drain pipe into the filter further for 110 mm downpipes)
- Includes adapater and reduction sets which makes installation easy
Got a cast-iron down pipe?
This filter will fit some cast-iron down pipes though it does depend on the internal diameter of the cast-iron down pipe, which needs to be at least 65mm or larger to fit. Please check your down pipes before cutting them. It is advisable to seek a professional help (i.e. plumber or builder) to cut cast-iron pipes as they can shatter if not cut correctly. Depending on the down pipe, it may only go into the filter by 4-5mm at the top The cast-iron pipe should remain supported by the wall brackets as the weight of the down pipe should not sit on the top of the filter.